Thursday, January 15, 2015

Casey's 26 Questions Response

          So when we were told that we had a certain amount of time to answer these 26 questions, I was kind of freaking out. In our group we split the questions among us so we could accomplish more in less time. After answering so many questions, it was confusing to who had answered questions or not. Once we started to figure out who had answered or not, we got organized and things became less chaotic.
            As I was reading and answering the questions, I started to think about how a middle school or high school student would react to this activity. I placed myself in the shoes of a student and got kind of nervous. I'm in a room where I only know maybe 5 people. So reading my group members responses helped me answer mine. But after realizing that I can just me myself, I started answering with no hesitation. Activities like this not only helps teachers and students to get to know each other, but it also establishes the rapport with students that they don't have to be nervous to answer a question because there is no wrong answer and that they can be themselves.
            I would 100% use this in my classroom. Whether it is for middle school, high school, history, or special education. Any student and teacher can benefit from this activity because it asks questions related to learning, but also to the student's life. Knowing what students are into helps teachers make connections from materials to real life. For example, my response to "what's the most creative thing I've done" is that I designed jerseys for my volleyball team that I coach. As a teacher, I can connect that to different subjects such as economy and how are you going to obtain or pay for the materials. How much material do you need and connecting it to math or home economics.
            Anytime a teacher can learn about a student and how they think helps open the door to a better relationship with the student and helping the student to reach their potential intellectually.

No comments:

Post a Comment