Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ashlee's 26 Question Reflection

26 Questions Every Student Should Be Able To Answer


When challenged to answer these questions in an allotted amount of time, it can be overwhelming and intimidating. However, once you start to answer these questions, the answers seem to come pretty quickly. These questions covered a range of topics including both personal questions and learning/school related questions. 

I would use these questions with my future students, however, I would not use all of them. I don't know that elementary students would be able to answer a few of the deeper, more intellectual questions. These questions were good because it forced you to reflect on the things you find important, both in your life and in school. They force to you also examine the way you learn. These questions can give a teacher a good grasp on what students expect and will need in order to reach their potential in class. It also gives the teacher a small synapse of how the students view themselves and the things they find important.

The easy part about answering these questions were the personal ones. It was easy for me to recall what I find important and to write what I think the teacher should know about me. The more challenging questions to answer were those pertaining to my learning style, and how teachers may perceive me. It was challenging to reflect on past experiences where I had to be creative. It was also challenging to sum up my philosophy. If I had more time with these types of questions, I think I could have come up with more intellectual, deeper answers. But perhaps that is the point of this activity. To see what is at the forefront of your mind?

When reading other group members answers it did stir some thoughts in my own head. I agreed with them but I wanted to come up with my own answer. Once I saw their answer, it was hard to forget it and I kept resorting back to an answer of my own very similar to theirs.

This was a good activity for students. I think it is important to do these types of activities so you yourself know where you are at and the way you feel about various things. It's so easy to go through life not giving a second thought to, for instance, my personal philosophy. This would be a great activity to do at the beginning of a school year and then do it again at the end so students can see what has changed and what they have learned throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment