Thursday, January 15, 2015

Anna K's 26 Q's Reflection


 In our first Technology Lab class, we were broken into groups and had to answer all 26 of these questions. After reading Educator Terry Heick's explanation of the questions for classroom use (TeachThought), I've concluded that they could be a useful resource in the classroom. Heick explains the reasoning for these questions by saying, "As an educator, your job is lead students to understanding, but student self-awareness and self-knowledge should precede that. These questions hit at a range of topics, but all revolve around that idea of a learner’s identity." Basically, Heick believes that our students need to understand themselves first before they have a true chance at learning other content in class. I agree with this. How can students relate to what and how they're learning, if they don't have a clear picture of who they are first?

The questions varied from what is important to know about ourselves all the way to deeper questions that wonder what our personal philosophy is. Questions #3, 6, 11, 13, 17 and 20 are some of the questions that I found easy to answer. They were easy because I had thought about them before. However, questions like #5, 8, 10, 15, 22, and 26 were harder to answer because they were either too broad, vague, or I hadn't ever thought about them in detail to answer in the amount of time we were given. The responses of others did make me re-think mine. They helped me either understand better what I answered or they made me think deeper about the realm of possible answers. I don't think there were any responses that really surprised me. I enjoyed this activity overall because it helped me get to know my group members in many different ways. My only complaint is that I wish we had more time to go over the answers with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment