Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Casey's #edchat experience

So Tuesday night I joined in on an #edchat that was #7thchat. It was amazing! In the chat, we talked about assessment and reporting. I talked to a lot of current 7th grade educators and they had a lot of great ideas on how to assess students. I contributed my thoughts and experiences with assessment and reporting and got a lot of feedback/questions/people favoring my post. This made me feel as if I was contributing in a very good way. There were 9 questions asked by the host and I made sure to answer and comment on all the questions.
One thing I noticed about the #edchat is that the host would number the questions, so when you reply, you start with A# so people knew what question you were talking about. Genius! This allowed me to think about the question and how I wanted to word it. Also if I was going "too slow" people would still understand what I was talking about.
I would like to get into more #edchats because I got some great ideas for the classroom and even met some people who are now apart of my PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment